Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018
This program is designed to grow the competencies of experienced and emerging Colorado leaders in early childhood. The program offers an 18-credit graduate certificate in the field of early childhood leadership that can also be articulated into one of several master’s or doctoral programs in the School of Education & Human Development at the University of Colorado Denver.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to apply to the program.
· Conferred bachelor’s degree by May 2019
· Direct experience working with and/or on behalf of children birth to eight and their families in the field of early childhood health, mental health, family support or early learning that has informed leadership practice.
All applications are reviewed by an admissions committee to select a cohort of 20 students. The admissions committee considers the following in each applicant:
· Openness to learn and apply leadership strategies
· Strong academic record
· Commitment to full participation and completion
· Ability to engage in respectful and reciprocal interaction
· Demonstrated professional competencies and potential
· Contribution to a diverse cohort
Generous funding by the Buell Foundation provides for each admitted student (Buell Fellow) to receive a scholarship for the 18 required credits. Fellows will incur costs throughout the program year related to books, travel and lodging while attending classes in Denver.
Nov. 13, 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
CU Denver Zoom Video Conference: Join: https://ucdsehd.zoom.us/j/388226803
Sara Van Dyke