SATURDAY, OCT 27, 2018
Calling all parents - Come out and talk about the important issues that matter regarding education with Memphis Lift. They will be discussing unified enrollment as well as school quality. We will have notable speakers, and panel discussions based on the education landscape. There will notable speakers and panel discussions with local district leaders as well as parents from Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver, and Washington, D.C. who will share innovative ideas and talk about what's working in their cities. When communities and schools come together, we can make things greater for ALL children! AGENDA
- 10:00am - Opening: Overview of the Day
- 10:15am - Introduction: Education in the 21st Century
- 11:00am - Panel: Quality Schools - How can we increase the number of high quality schools in our community?
- 12:00pm - Lunch + Small Group Discussions on Quality Schools
- 1:30pm - Panel: Accessing High Quality Schools - How can we ensure equitable access to high quality schools for all families?
- 2:30pm - Small Group Discussions on Access to Quality Schools
- 4:00pm - Wrap up: Raffles and Closing Remarks
pin Perea Elementary School 1250 Vollintine Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38107
SHARE THIS EVENT:
SATURDAY, FEB 2, 2019
Join us for an evening of true stories from Memphis educators and students. Chalkbeat Tennessee is hosting a storytelling event under the theme "Natural Consequences" alongside Spillit.
We'll explore how natural and unnatural, just and unjust consequences to actions impact our lives and experiences. Storytellers will deliver personal stories, and many of them will touch on how, in diverse ways, school discipline has impacted their lives. Don't miss our latest investigation into school discipline practices here.Tickets are 10 dollars and available at the door the evening of the show. The event will be held Feb. 2 at Epicenter, 902 Cooper Street, Memphis, TN. A special thanks to Knowledge Tree for its sponsorship of this event. Chalkbeat Tennessee is a nonprofit news organization committed to covering Tennessee schools.
Feb. 2, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Epicenter, 902 Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104