Have you discovered your teen sleeping with his phone? Clearly, a kid can’t get much sleep if he’s texting and Facebooking all night.
Here are some tips on encouraging a restful night for your teen from the Boulder Valley School District’s Thrive newsletter:
- Contact your local high school principal to find out if your school will be offering the option of a later start time.
- Minimize caffeine products, such as coffee, tea, soda and chocolate beginning in the late afternoon.
- Consider moving electronics out of the bedroom (TV, computer, cell phone, iPod, etc.) or agreeing on shutting everything off by a certain time.
- Avoid eating, drinking, and exercise within a few hours of bedtime.
- Encourage completion of homework earlier in the day.