There’s a lot to parenting. Sometimes you need a quick tip, new idea or maybe a little support to get past the fussing and on to the laughing, growing and learning. That’s where Children’s Hospital Colorado experts can help. All workshops are held from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Texting all Tweens and Teens: Social Networking and Your Kids Wednesday, Sept. 7, guest speaker Dr. Jeffrey Dolgan
- Transition to New Parenthood Monday, Sept. 12, guest speaker Ayelet Talmi, PhD
- Childhood Sleeping Challenges Wednesday, Sept. 14, guest speaker Bart Schmitt, MD
- Toilet Training Challenges Monday, Sept. 26, guest speaker Bart Schmitt, MD
- Speak up for Kids Learn how to make a difference on the issues that matter the most to you and your kids Monday, Oct. 3, guest speaker Children’s Hospital Colorado staff
- Talking about Toddlers Tuesday, Oct. 4, guest speaker Ayelet Talmi, PhD
For those parenting seminars held at Children’s Hospital Colorado, childcare will be provided by specially-trained Children’s volunteers. There is a maximum of 25 children who can be supervised during each seminar, so RSVPs for child care will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Age: Volunteers can supervise children ranging in age from newborn to 9 years old.
Health: Children must be free of infectious diseases.
Parents/Guardians: All parents/guardians must be attending the parenting seminar and must be present to sign the check-in form.
Online RSVP Required: Maximum of 25 children per seminar. First-come, first-served. RSVP at http://www.childrenscolorado.org/parenting. Signs will be posted on the day of the seminar directing you to the Creative Play Center.
If you have questions about any of the seminars, please call (720) 777-5437. This is not an RSVP line. All seminars are held at: Children’s Hospital Colorado, 2nd Floor Conference Center, 13123 E. 16th Ave., Aurora, Colo.