This is one of 10 school board races in Marion County. Check back with Chalkbeat Indiana throughout the week for more information on the other candidates.
Decatur Township, in Southwest Indianapolis, is the smallest township school district in the city, enrolling just more than 6,000 students. Decatur’s ISTEP passing rate (67 percent) and graduation rate (82 percent) both are below the stat average and have stayed mostly flat over the past five years. The district, overall, has been rated a D by the state the past four years.
Key school district data
- Enrollment: 6,125 students
- Ethnicity: 75.8 percent white, 9.6 percent black, 9.1 percent Hispanic
- Eligible for free and reduced-price lunch: 64.8 percent
- ISTEP math and English passing rate 2014: 67.2 percent
- 2012-13 graduation rate (most recent available): 82.5 percent
None of the candidates could not be reached or responded to survey questions. These are the candidates, all of whom are running unopposed.
- Cathy Wiseman, running for re-election to District 1.
- Judith Collins, running for re-election to District 3.
- Dale Henson, running for re-election to District 3.