- Experienced teachers are leaving Bronx Science, especially in the math department. (Daily News)
- After trying homeschooling for two weeks, a Brooklyn family chose public kindergarten. (Daily News)
- Schools are on the move in Riverdale. (Riverdale Press)
- Brooklyn high schoolers visited the Netherlands to learn about its tourism industry. (Brooklyn Eagle)
- Four AP exams, including the Cuomo-family-supported Italian test, are being eliminated. (Times)
- The number of unqualified teachers in D.C. is down. (Washington Post)
- Problems at a Chicago charter school highlight how quickly the city is opening schools. (Sun-Times)
- Increases in school aid in Maryland were tied to improved test scores. (Baltimore Sun)
- The Christian Science Monitor asks, What are 21st-century skills, anyway?
Rise & Shine: Thursday, 1/8
Share this story
Join the conversation on Facebook
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing the daily reality for schools and students across the country. Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to having all of the information you need in one place, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Support Chalkbeat today.Donate Now
More stories in New York
More stories in Uncategorized