🔗A chance to win 2 free tickets to see To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway!
What is the prize?
The prize is two prime tickets to To Kill a Mockingbird at the Shubert Theatre on Broadway for the show at 2 p.m. on Friday, November 23, 2018. The tickets, which are in the orchestra section, are valued at just under $600.
How am I entered to win? Where can I enter to win?
You are automatically entered to win by making a donation of $50 or more to Chalkbeat and by indicating to us that you are in the New York area.
There are two ways to indicate you are in the New York area: (1) During online checkout, indicate “New York” or “Newark” in the “Choose your Chalkbeat location” section; (2) email us directly at email@example.com with “Broadway tickets” in the subject line, indicating that you are in the New York area.
Donations can be made online or by mail (Chalkbeat, C/O Rebecca Ross, 1239 Broadway #703B, New York, NY 10001). Eligible entrants must provide their (1) name, (2) address, and (3) email address or phone number as part of their donation.
Do I need to make a gift to enter to win?
No, but we hope you will support our efforts to cover education in America. If you prefer to make a smaller donation or not to donate at this time, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your (1) name, (2) address, and (3) email address or phone number.
When does the sweepstakes end?
The final deadline for entry is Thursday, November 15, 2018, at 11:59 p.m ET.
How will the winner be selected?
The winner will be selected by random drawing on-site at the Chalkbeat offices at noon on Friday, Nov. 16. We will notify the winner immediately using information provided on the winning entry form, via phone call and/or email.
How will the winner be notified?
Chalkbeat will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner via phone call and/or email, using the information provided on the winning entry form. If a winner does not respond to Chalkbeat within 5 business days after the first initial contact, Chalkbeat may, at its discretion, award another person the prize.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. ELIGIBILITY: THE TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD ON BROADWAY SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees and board members of Chalkbeat, Inc. (“Chalkbeat”), their immediate families, and others living in their households are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Only one entry per individual is allowed.
2. PRIZE: 1 winner will receive 2 tickets to the To Kill a Mockingbird Broadway show on Nov. 23 at 2 p.m. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted by winner. Chalkbeat will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Chalkbeat will not cover any other costs outside the tickets and its fees; costs Chalkbeat will not cover include but are not limited to costs related to food, transportation, parking, or lodging.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes entry period ends at 11:59 PM ET on November 15, 2018. People who donate more than $50 to Chalkbeat and indicate they are in the New York area will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes. If you prefer to enter the Sweepstakes without donating, please send an email to email@example.com with your (1) name, (2) address, and (3) email address or phone number.
4. WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the entry period. The random drawing will be conducted on Nov. 16 at noon, and will be announced that day. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified by phone and/or email with the contact information provided in the entry form immediately after noon on Friday, Nov. 16, after the random drawing. If a winner does not contact Chalkbeat within 2 business days after the first initial contact, Chalkbeat may, at its discretion, award another person the prize. Chalkbeat is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or the winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account or voicemail inbox.
7. WINNER’S LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by November 30, 2018 to: Chalkbeat, C/O Rebecca Ross, 1239 Broadway #703B, New York, NY 10001
8. RELEASE AND ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
a. Each entrant releases, discharges and holds harmless Chalkbeat and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any liability, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or related to the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize. Each entrant agrees to indemnify the Released Parties from any claims arising out of or related to the entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize including, without limitation, claims brought or asserted by any third party.
b. Chalkbeat reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes or disqualify any entry, in each case, at its sole discretion and for any reason without liability to any entrant. Grounds for disqualification include, but are not limited to, (i) tampering with the entry or voting process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, Chalkbeat’s website or affiliated websites; (ii) acting in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass another person; or (iii) violating these terms and conditions or any applicable laws.
c. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations. These terms and conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. If the entrant disagrees with any of these terms and conditions or any decision made by Chalkbeat, the entrant should not participate in the Sweepstakes or will have the right to withdraw from the Sweepstakes, as applicable. The entrant hereby consents to mandatory arbitration as the sole means of handling any disputes arising from and relating to the Sweepstakes and these terms and conditions.
d. Chalkbeat may, in its sole discretion, amend these terms and conditions at any time. The amended terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon posting on Chalkbeat’s website. Entrant’s continued participation in the Sweepstakes will constitute entrant’s consent to these amended terms and conditions and entrant’s agreement to be bound by them. Entrants may determine at any time whether these terms and conditions have been amended by checking the last revised date included below.
e.By submitting to the Sweepstakes, you are acknowledging, agreeing, and accepting all of the above Terms and Conditions.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Chalkbeat, located at 1239 Broadway #703B, New York, NY 10001. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.